Banking Analyst - Mumbai
Stalwart Management Consulting
Banking Analyst notes:
maximum CTC will be max 12 -13 LPA and desired experience into credit research is 2+ years
- This client is one of the leading Japanese investments banks.
- For your search you can focus on sectors – Banks/ Financial institutions/ Funds
- Credit analysis involves evaluating banks and Financial institutions.
- An ideal candidate will be doing a work that would be inline with corporate credit rating, but sector expertise will be bank. Ideally one will be assessing the credit worthiness of a bank.
- Key word : CAMELS Analysis, C= Capital Adequacy | A = Asset quality | M = Management analysis | E = Earnings quality | L = Liquidity | S = Sensitivity analysis.
- An ideal candidate should be able to read and analyses bank/ rate bank.
- We are okay with a candidate who has equity analysis experience into banking/ financial institutions sector but should have at least 4+ years of experience.
candidates who has work exp up to one year into the relevant sector.
Max salary will be inclusive of 15% VPP hence please focus on max
Location: Powai, Clients office
Please focus on financial institution research OR banking/bank research
- Fundamental Financial Analysis/ Impact the bottom line: Supporting global credit analysts to track the performance of a portfolio of Financial Institutions or Banks, and to respond to credit events with the purpose of enabling timely and accurate ratings. This would involve analysing business model, strategy, organization structure, industry scenario, evaluate external support from parent, affiliates and government and analysing other key risks associated with the counterparties
- Portfolio News Coverage: Keep track of relevant news for the portfolio and analyse potential impact.
- Cohesive research execution/ Strengthen relationships: Working alongside senior analysts to perform ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio positions and key credits and communicating updates in a timely fashion (orally and in writing) to team members across the globe.
- Expertise in Financial Modeling: Building and maintaining financial models (historical and forecasts) and other investment-related infrastructure that supports our credit recommendations and investments across sectors.
- Making Investment recommendations: This would require performing deep dive analysis and writing in-depth reports covering company's business model and strategy, key risk etc. of the trade or investment. You would be required to assign a credit score to the counterparty with clearly laid out underlying assumptions for both qualitative and quantitative scores which needs to be supported with convincing justification to the client.
- Take the lead: Works well under pressure – must be able to remain calm and focused while multi-tasking in a fast-paced, unstructured and dynamic work environment. Team oriented/strong communication – must be able to work with people of diverse skills and personalities towards a common goal of effectively managing large portfolios
- Represent Sutherland:Contribute and present information to clients during reviews and meetings
To succeed in this position, you must:
- MBA Finance from premier institute/CFA/CA or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in credit evaluation fixed income products / in equity research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Database usage experience – Bloomberg, Capital IQ and ability to work in MS Office
- Strong analytical skills; be able to interpret data, identify trends, and make suggestions for improvements
- Ability to be customer-oriented in managing communications and issues
- Ability to efficiently manage time and keep track of multiple schedules, meetings, and initiatives
- Ability to be pro-active in developing trust and professional rapport with employees and team members; work as a teamplayer.
|This section shall be updated later. for now this is being left blank.|
Drop Your CV
We will consider your Profile for future JobsSubmit Profile